Child Care Stabilization Grant: & Reporting Requirements
Child care providers are HEROES! The Michigan Department of Education announced there are funds available to you to help keep your doors open and focus on what matters most - supporting kids and families.
If you need assistance, please call or email your CACFP Specialist
or call our office at 616.451.8281 x220
Spring Child Care Stabilization Grant Application is now open!
- The Michigan Department of Education is pleased to announce that the application for the Spring Child Care Stabilization Grant is now open!
- The application will close on Thursday, May 26th at 6:00 pm.
- In order to apply you must submit your Fall 2021 Child Care Stabilization Grant Spending Report.
- Grants will include up to $1,000 bonuses for each full time staff member and $500 for each part time staff member.
Visit Michigan.gov/childcare to read more about the grant and review frequently asked questions. We will also be posting a grant calculator so you can estimate your grant award.
Tom Copeland is an excellent source for details on how to spend and report the Child Care Stabilization grants. Here are a couple of webinars that may be helpful.
- The Tax Implications of the Child Care Stabilization Grant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YON5nwBhDg
- Additional information from Tom Copeland: How to save money on your taxes
Tips To Prepare To Submit an Application:
Update your profile in Great Start to Quality here
Get A Sigma Number (if you don't already have one) Visit www.michigan.gov/SIGMAVSS
Complete your report for the Fall Child Care Stabilization Grant
Organize the information you need to apply: # of children enrolled by age in your program, the number of full & part time staff, and an estimate of your operational budget.
Preview the Application: Application Preview
Stabilization Grant information, FAQ's, webinar log in and updates are here: Child Care Stabilization Grant
Fall Grant Reporting Requirements: Fall Grant Funds were distributed early 2022
The Michigan Department of Education is pleased to announce that the reporting templates for the Child Care Stabilization Grant are now available in your Great Start to Quality profile. Additional information, FAQ's and report specifics can be found here (scroll down the State of Michigan's page for the details): https://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140--570701--,00.html
How can I spend these funds?
A good resource on allowable uses of funds are the documents posted on this website from First Children's Finance.
Child Care Stabilization Grant Tax Implication Information: